JOINT NASA AFAN 2019 CONGRESS
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Please note all abstracts (for oral- or poster presentation) must be submitted on-line via the website
Faxed or e-mailed copies will not be accepted
- The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 30 January 2019. Registrars and postgraduate students are specifically invited to present. Registrars and post graduate students are specifically invited to present.
- All appropriate abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. All abstracts received will be acknowledged, and authors will be sent acceptance or rejection letters by the 5th of February 2019.
- Please note that presenting authors of accepted abstracts must be registered delegates. All costs, including registration, are for the author’s own expense.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
- Each abstract must clearly state the following:
- Abstracts must be typed in English, single line spacing.
- The body of the text must not exceed 450 words (this excludes the information listed in point 1) and, using paragraph style
- Please adhere to the following format:
- a. Abstract title (the title of the abstract must not exceed 25 words)
- b. Full details of authors. The name of the presenting author must appear first in the list of authors
- c. Affiliation of all authors
- d. Contact details of first author (telephone numbers, e-mail address etc.)
- Introduction: should be brief and informative and state the aim of the study
- Methods: include description of subjects and research methodology
- Results: outline the findings of the study supported by statistics as appropriate. Do not use figures, graphs or tables in the abstract. The data provided must be sufficient to permit peer review of the abstract
- Conclusion: provide summary and relevance of the main findings
All accepted abstracts will be published without further editing. Abstracts that do not adhere to the specific format will not be published.